4 x Female* Play Workers
*This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Winchester Working hours: 10-16hrs per week (STOPDA73)
Basingstoke Working hours: 25 per week (STOPDA74)
Eastleigh Working hours: 16 per week (STOPDA75)
Portsmouth Working hours: 10 per week (STOPDA79)
The timetable will vary to meet the needs of the service and its clients. The Service is staffed 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Thursday and 9.30am-5.00pm Friday.
Salary: £8.21 an hour
Workers should be “violence free in their own lives.”
Applicants are asked not to put themselves forward for selection if this is not the case.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
· To provide play sessions to pre-school and school age children who have experienced domestic abuse and are staying at the refuge. This will be through both structured and free play.
· To work to break the cycle of abuse.
· To focus on preventing domestic abuse.
· Work to empower and support children/young people to make positive choices.
· To work in partnership with voluntary and statutory sector organisations and the community; attending meetings and events including in the evenings and at weekends
Please click on links below to download an application pack and email your completed application to email@example.com quoting the area that you are applying for.
Closing date: Thursday 17th October, 9am
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) disclosure will be required for this role.