Independent Domestic Violence Adviser Plus (IDVA+)
Victim Service and Front Door East
Salary: £24,723 (qualified) or £22,450 (unqualified)
Location: East Hampshire, Fareham Gosport and Havant
Hours: 37 per week
Fixed term contract ending 30th June 2022
Workers should be “violence free in their own lives.”
Applicants are asked not to put themselves forward for selection if this is not the case.
• To provide a high-quality and pro-active front-line service to high risk victims of domestic abuse; delivering a holistic support service to clients with multiple and complex needs
• Initiate, develop, maintain and monitor multi-agency links through procedures and protocols to keep safety central to all services for victims of domestic abuse.
• To work within a multi-agency framework consisting of the Multi-agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC), High Risk Domestic Abuse (HRDA) meetings and local partnership responses to domestic abuse. Supporting and participating in the local MARAC, HRDA and Specialist Domestic Violence Courts (SDVC)
• The work of the IDVA+ is distinct in that it assesses the risk a client is in and delivers a service appropriate to the level of risk, but the support is client-led rather than solely being risk-focussed. The IDVA+ will support the client throughout their journey.
• IDVA+s work within a multi-agency setting to ensure all agencies do their part and co-ordinate their work to keep people safe. This may include taking a Lead Professional role when appropriate for the client
• IDVA+s work with survivors and other agencies and monitor the care and support pathways, with a client-centred and individualised approach.
The post-holder will be community based, with families who have moved out of the refuge, women and men who make contact via the Stop Domestic Abuse’s Helpline, Hampshire Front Door or are referred from other agencies.
The post-holder will work to empower and support all victims and survivors of domestic abuse to make positive choices.
Please click on links below to download an application pack and email your completed application to email@example.com.
We particularly welcome applicants from BAMER communities that are currently under-represented in our organisation. Appointment will be on merit alone.
Closing date: Friday 18th October 2019
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) disclosure will be required for these roles.