Female Outreach Project Worker* POST STOPDA64
Victim Service West
*This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Hours: 37 per week
Main Location: Basingstoke
Workers should be “violence free in their own lives.”
Applicants are asked not to put themselves forward for selection if this is not the case.
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
· To provide support, advice and assistance to women, men and their families who have experienced domestic abuse or are at risk of domestic abuse.
· To provide resettlement services when women and their children moving on from refuge accommodation and to provide outreach services to victims and survivors of domestic abuse in the wider community.
· The work will focus on preventing domestic abuse by providing support and facilitating safe space for victims and survivors of domestic abuse and peer support networks in the community and supporting women and men to keep safe in and maintain their current or new accommodation.
· The post-holder work as part of the refuge team, but their work will be community based, with families who have moved out of the refuge, women and men who make contact via Stop Domestic Abuse’s Front Door Service or are referred from other agencies.
· The post-holder will work to empower and support all victims and survivors of domestic abuse to make positive choices.
Due to the nature of the role a clean driving licence and the use of a car is an essential requirement.
Please click on links below to download an application pack and email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org. We particularly welcome applicants from BAMER communities that are currently under-represented in our organisation. Appointment will be on merit alone.
Closing date: 21st August 2019, 9am
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) disclosure will be required for these roles.