Outreach Project Worker – Post STOPDA43
37 hours per week
Location: East Hants
Workers should be “violence free in their own lives.” Applicants are asked not to put themselves forward for selection if this is not the case.
· To provide support, advice and assistance to women, men and their families who have experienced domestic abuse or are at risk of domestic abuse.
· To provide resettlement services when women and their children moving on from refuge accommodation and to provide outreach services to victims and survivors of domestic abuse in the wider community.
· The work will focus on preventing domestic abuse by providing support and facilitating safe space for victims and survivors of domestic abuse and peer support networks in the community and supporting women and men to keep safe in and maintain their current or new accommodation.
· The post-holder work as part of the refuge team, but their work will be community based, with families who have moved out of the refuge, women and men who make contact via Stop Domestic Abuse’s Front Door Service or are referred from other agencies.
· The post-holder will work to empower and support all victims and survivors of domestic abuse to make positive choices.
To participate in Stop Domestic Abuse’s Front Door Service providing initial advice/information/guidance to victims/perpetrators/professionals/family members.
In return we offer a generous annual leave entitlement rising with length of service, comprehensive training and development programme, pension scheme, employee assistance programme and childcare voucher scheme. We can offer you a varied, interesting role in our busy and dynamic charity
Please click on links below to download an application form, job description and person specification for any of these roles. Email completed application to email@example.com. We particularly welcome applicants from BAMER communities that are currently under-represented in our organisation. Appointment will be on merit alone.
Closing date: 21st June 2019, 9am
Interviews: 28th June 2019
We will recruit the first suitable applicants, so apply early as we may close earlier.
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) disclosure will be required for these roles.